In our continuous effort to improve the deviantART experience, we're publishing weekly Site Updates to keep members informed and to gather feedback. Below is a list of recent changes to the site, bug fixes, and feedback that was brought up by members in the last Site Update.
Add File To My Sta.sh
Sharing your image files with friends just got easier! When you link a friend to a file in your Sta.sh, they will see an "Add file to my Sta.sh" button in the right column, so you and your friends can easily collaborate at any time, from anywhere, with the security and privacy provided by Sta.sh.
- The mobile website did not display in Firefox for mobile devices. Fixed by iconocrash
- When viewing a Print preview, Wrapped Canvas Prints would not display the correct frame. Fixed by yury-n
- Newly uploaded .ICO format files were not recognized as icons, and were unable to be submitted into the Customization > Icons categories. Fixed by DEVlANT
- The "About" menu on one's Profile Page would be exceptionally long if the text in the "Real Name" field was long. Fixed by adahacker
- An incorrect RSS url was given for the "Undiscovered" and "What's Hot" browse modes. Fixed by helloandre
- Extremely tall and thin deviations would have distorted thumbnails. Fixed by DEVlANT
- When viewing deviations in the Message Center, very long titles on some deviations could cause the "x Comments" link to be buried. Fixed by szlosek
- On very wide monitors, the progress bar in the Donation widget was rendered incorrectly. Fixed by iconocrash
- There was a small gradient issue on Profile Page tabs. Fixed by helloandre
- The folder layout on one's Gallery and Favourites pages had extra margin space, causing custom backgrounds to display incorrectly. Fixed by DEVlANT
- An extremely small number of images experienced color degradation or image inversion when a watermark was added to the image or the image was resized after submission. Fixed by yury-n and dgera
- The alphabet selector on the left column of the Manage Friends page did not work for deviants with a very long Friends list. Fixed by shadowhand
- Comments made on a deviant's Gallery or Favourites page did not appear on one's Activity page. Fixed by DEVlANT
- The "Add file to my Sta.sh" option was incorrectly appearing for logged-out visitors. Fixed by kouiskas
- The "Link" toolbar will now edit links your caret is on. Changed by kemayo
- Some versions of Internet Explorer were adding extra HTML markup into comments. Fixed by kemayo
- When in HTML mode, clicking to do something that required rich mode would load a modal as expected, but the "Yes" button in that modal had to be clicked twice in order to work properly. Fixed by kemayo
- When scrolling in the emoticon sidebar, placeholders did not refresh correctly. Fixed by inazar
Thank you for the feedback on last week's Site Update! Here's some of what you had to say:
- Feedback regarding the update to the deviation page was positive.
- A few deviants mentioned that they were having a hard time locating the deviation stats, and that they actually preferred viewing them beneath the deviation itself.
- Some deviants mentioned that they were encountering internal server and search errors last week. These issues were handled by dt, and thank you for being vigilant in informing us of the issues.
Since its launch, Sta.sh has been a multi-purpose tool that offers deviants a variety of options when creating, organizing, and submitting artwork. Outside of submission, how do you use Sta.sh? Do you share works in progress with friends and other artists? Do you collaborate with other artists by sharing parts of a larger work?