Autocomplete for Mentions (Beta Testing)
We've just launched an addition to the Mentions feature that makes it easier than ever to interact with your friends! Now, when you begin typing a username after the "@" symbol, you'll see a list of deviants you +Watch and other deviants.
dAmn It To Be Phased Out
The deviantART community is always growing and changing. To keep the site fresh and relevant, we need to focus on what's important. Recently, we've been going through site features and settings to assess usage, traffic, community reception, and how the feature helps contribute to deviantART's goals.
dAmn It, the system where deviants can submit and vote on funny quotes from Chat
(originally called "dAmn" or deviantART Messaging Network), is a feature that gets extremely low usage and traffic.
On November 30, 2013 dAmn It will be officially phased out.
Until then, the feature has been removed from the main site navigation but will still be available via the Chat
page for those who want to archive any quotes.
Mentions Spam Prevention
Deviant and art Mentions were launched roughly one month ago and we've kept a close eye on how deviants have been adopting the feature. In most cases, deviants have shared artwork with others, featured art they love, and brought other deviants into deeper conversation. However, in a small handful of instances, deviants have tried to exploit Mentions for nefarious reasons — like sending spam. In response, we've put limitations in place that are designed to prevent spammers from abusing the feature, while also ensuring that deviants who are using Mentions properly are not affected. We'll continue to monitor usage going forward, to ensure that your Mentions experience is a good one.
- The "Edit" button on Journals would incorrectly open that Journal in Sta.sh Writer, instead of triggering the standard Edit page. Fixed by inazar and shadowhand
- Sharing deviations on Pinterest wouldn't work if there were HTML entities in the deviation. Fixed by Alisey
- Windows 8.1 would display as Windows NT 4.0 on the Sessions page. Fixed by DEVlANT
- Journals posted to hq and depthRADIUS would display incorrectly for some users. Fixed by ZombieCoder
- When the Stick menu and Splinter menu were both enabled, hovering over an item in the Splinter Menu would overlap the Stick menu. Fixed by shadowhand
- Journals submitted exclusively to a Group would not generate Mentions notifications. Fixed by DEVlANT
- Text symbols would display in the title of browser tabs for some Groups. Fixed by szlosek
- When viewing Prints being sold as calendars, the Months viewer selector did not appear on calendar prints standalone page. Fixed by DEVlANT
- The "Complete your Profile" banner would appear persistently for some deviants, even if they had already completed their deviantID widget. Fixed by szlosek
- There were various layout issues on deviation pages when browsing on the mobile website. Fixed by yury-n
- Embed codes didn't work for deviations located in one's Scraps. Fixed by yumeruby
- A small amount of PayPal rebilling orders had cancelation issues that have since been fixed. Fixed by DEVlANT
- The Settings page in Sta.sh was blank. Fixed by kouiskas
- Scrolling on an item in a stack could cause a redirect to Sta.sh. Fixed by kouiskas
- Sta.sh stack descriptions weren't being saved if the "Close" button was clicked on the Add Media tool. Fixed by inazar.
- After merging items into a stack, the title of the thumbnail would be stuck on a selection count. Fixed by kouiskas
- Moving a stack would break its thumbnail. Fixed by kouiskas
- When switching from Rich Text mode to HTML mode and back, the caret would jump locations. Fixed by kemayo
- Using ctrl+space (command+space for Mac) to remove formatting would not treat headings or blockquotes as formatting. Fixed by kemayo
- The Add Media tool wasn't activating if you used tab to access it. Fixed by inazar
- After editing a stack description in Sta.sh by using the Add Media tool, any subsequent uploads to that stack would appear in the main Sta.sh area instead. Fixed by inazar
- When performing a new search in the sidebar after having scrolled down through a previous search results, the sidebar would visually jump. Fixed by inazar
Thank you for your feedback on last week's Site Update
! We appreciated the art you shared with us, and we hope you had a happy Halloween!
How frequently do you view your Gallery Stats
? What stats do you find most useful? What information would you like to be able to track that is not currently displayed on that page?
Have a suggestion, idea, or feedback? Leave a comment here!
Check out a list of common suggestions!
Want to keep track of known issues? Check out our Status Forum!
Find a bug? Report it to the Help Desk! (Be as detailed as possible!)