In our continuous effort to improve the deviantART experience, we're publishing weekly Site Updates to keep members informed and to gather feedback. Below is a list of recent changes to the site, bug fixes, and feedback that was brought up by members in the last Site Update.
- After clicking "View This Deviation Anyway" on a deviation marked as Mature Content, the image would display twice. Fixed by yumeruby
- When viewing a deviation from the Message Center (with stacks turned off), the "Remove from Message Center" button would not display. Fixed by yumeruby
- Sending Notes did not work on Android devices. Fixed by yumeruby
- The deviation total counter on the Gallery Stats page was not consistent with the total displayed on one's Profile. Fixed by DEVlANT
- It was not possible to edit the Gallery & Group Options settings of an already published Journal. Fixed by yumeruby
- When viewing a Note sent to multiple deviants, it would not display the full list of deviants it was sent to, which made the "Reply to All" button not work. Fixed by lepidosteus
- When searching for a Group in the Groups Portal, the most relevant result would not display, and the last result would instead be duplicated. Fixed by lepidosteus
- In rare cases involving very large drawings, if a network glitch caused an image to only partially load, the file could end up saving over with only the partial layer. Fixed by mudimba
- Under specific circumstances when editing a text deviation, the edit field would not load properly, but would display an empty text box rather than an error message. An error message will now trigger in these instances. Fixed by Alisey
- The tab key wouldn't work for Internet Explorer 11 users. Fixed by Alisey
- For Internet Explorer users, external links couldn't be edited. Fixed by Alisey
- Various editing options that are reliant on Sta.sh Writer were briefly broken, including editing Group Journals. Fixed by inazar
- The "Install" button on deviations in the Installable Journal Skins category was broken. Fixed by inazar
- When in a stack in Sta.sh, the "Next", "All", and "Previous" buttons would not appear on any items in that stack after editing the stack's description using the Add Media tool. Fixed by inazar
Thank you for the feedback on last week's Site Update! Here's some of the feedback you left for us:
- Responses to the Discuss topic varied, as deviants mentioned different features of Google Analytics they liked best (or did not like, in some cases). Some commonly mentioned favorites were referral traffic, landing page stats, and bounce rate information.
- LimitlessEndeavours mentioned using the information regarding the time of day people visit her page to schedule her art submissions, so that new work appears at the time of day people are most likely to visit her page.
- AbbeyMarie said that she took the landing page data and ensured that her contact and commission information were present, visible, and kept up to date on the highest visited pages.
Do you consider your Journal a place to talk about personal things, or a place to promote your self and/or other artists? How frequently do you update your Journal, and what are your usual reasons for updating?
(Nintendo Characters Reimagined Through Figurines by danlev)
Have a suggestion, idea, or feedback? Leave a comment here!
Check out a list of common suggestions!
Want to keep track of known issues? Check out our Status Forum!
Find a bug? Report it to the Help Desk! (Be as detailed as possible!)