In our continuous effort to improve the deviantART experience, we're publishing weekly Site Updates to keep members informed and to gather feedback. Below is a list of recent changes to the site, bug fixes, and feedback that was brought up by members in the last Site Update.
Google Analytics For Your Profile (New Premium Feature)
Premium Members can now use Google Analytics to get meaningful insight about the traffic to their deviantART Profile! Using our new Google Analytics integration, you can access comprehensive statistics about your audience, traffic, and art.
Here's just a sample of some of the stats you can see:
- Traffic charts, graphs, and statistics by date
- Traffic demographics (geographic locations, languages...)
- Visitor stats (new visitors, returning visitors, time spent on pages, number of pages viewed, bounce rates...)
- Top sites and social networks sending you traffic and, for some social networks, the individual posts that are linking to your content
- Search engine keywords people are using to find your Profile Page and content
Improve your artistic reach with the help of Google Analytics!
Read more »
Read more »
- When setting up a custom domain for one's Portfolio, it did not allow for several recently introduced Top Level Domains. Fixed by elhsmart
- For a brief period, it was not possible to add new images to one's Portfolio. Fixed by ArtBIT
- The World Map would stop operating if left open for a prolonged time. Fixed by ultramouse
- Measurement unit switchers would appear for some Art Gift products even though there was no need for it. Fixed by lepidosteus
- When replying to comments from the Message Center, if you opened a second reply box before commenting on or closing the first, it would be impossible to close either comment box. Fixed by ultramouse
- Setting a password for Portfolios was no longer working. Fixed by ArtBIT
- Flash files could not be submitted to some contest categories. Fixed by duraseb
- When giving Points, rapidly clicking the "Give" button multiple times would cause that amount to be sent repeatedly. Fixed by ultramouse
- There were various issues with saving redraws on Friday, which led to the final rendering of some redraws not appearing identical to the end product. Fixed by mudimba
- Journal Skins will now allow the overflow-wrap property. Added by kemayo
- Sta.sh Writer would attempt to allow deviants to edit stack descriptions, even when viewing a stack in someone else's Sta.sh. Fixed by inazar
- When on the Submit page, the "Select file from Sta.sh" modal would attempt to use any keyboard shortcuts used elsewhere on the page, and then trigger their effects when the "Select file from Sta.sh" modal was actually opened. Fixed by inazar
- Searching for community emoticons in Sta.sh Writer's sidebar would stop working after 24 results, for non-Premium Members. Fixed by kemayo
Thank you for the feedback left on last week's Site Update! Here's some of what you had to say.
- There was confusion among some commenters regarding what browsers we offer support for, in the wake of last week's announcement. We still offer support for more recent versions of Internet Explorer, we have only stopped offering support for Internet Explorer 8. For a full list of browsers supported by deviantART, please read FAQ #38: Which browsers and Mobile OS are supported by DeviantArt?
- In response to the Discuss topic, deviants mentioned finding inspiration on deviantART through a variety of ways. Some mentioned browsing through specific galleries or communities that create work that interests them, while others mentioned finding tutorials to help them challenge their own abilities as artists.
- Outside of deviantART, deviants said that music and television contribute heavily to their inspiration.
Getting Critique On Your Art
What methods and techniques do you use to get critique from deviants on site? Do you use specific Groups to get feedback? How frequently do you request detailed criticism on your work, and how frequently do you leave detailed feedback for others?
Have a suggestion, idea, or feedback? Leave a comment here!
Check out a list of common suggestions!
Want to keep track of known issues? Check out our Status Forum!
Find a bug? Report it to the Help Desk! (Be as detailed as possible!)