In our continuous effort to improve the deviantART experience, we're publishing weekly Site Updates to keep members informed and to gather feedback. Below is a list of recent changes to the site, bug fixes, and a discussion topic for the community.
The Forum Sidebar
A sidebar has been added to Forum pages! On the main forum page, the sidebar displays recently popular threads, and on specific forum pages, the sidebar collects and displays recently popular forum threads from that forum.
On individual threads, the sidebar includes Share buttons, so you can easily share a Forum thread that interests you. In addition, it includes a button that lets the creator of a thread close that thread on their own, which has been a frequently requested feature.
- In an effort to consolidate features, the Shoutbox has been removed from the Chat page after over ten years on deviantART.
- The "Give" modal on Profile pages was sometimes cut off at the bottom. Fixed by aMoniker
- Some special characters would break the Help Desk contact form. Fixed by shahyarg
- Clicking on drop down menus on a Profile page and then clicking on a deviation on that Profile would still show the opened menu on the deviation page. Fixed by muteor
- Deviation pages would not display if opened in a new tab from the Daily Deviations page. Fixed by allixsenos
- Some thumbnails in the deviantART Shop were missing category info display. Fixed by muteor
- The Poll widget would get stuck in edit mode if editing was canceled. Fixed by shadowhand
- dAmn was not working for Windows 8 and IE 10 users. Fixed by shahyarg
- The link to the My Correspondence page was misplaced in the menu on the mobile site. Fixed by aMoniker
- Navigating from one deviation to another using the arrow keys would scroll the screen in addition to navigating to another deviation. Fixed by shadowhand
- The button on deviation pages to see comments left when it was in Sta.sh was broken. Fixed by muteor
- When previewing the Commissions widget, you could not rearrange the list order. Fixed by aMoniker
- The Photoshop Actions sub-category in the Resources & Stock Images gallery did not allow .ATN files. Fixed by shahyarg
- In the Message Center, there were issues browsing through deviations when starting on a single item and moving to deviations in a stack. Fixed by shadowhand
- Character countdown displays used in some text entry fields around the site were broken. Fixed by shadowhand
- The +Watch button disappeared from the Artists view for More Like This results. Fixed by yury-n
- When browsing deviations from the Message Center, the "Remove from messages" button would carry over to an unrelated deviation if it was opened in a new tab. Fixed by muteor
- The Sta.sh API's update call would erroneously require a file upload. Fixed by randomduck
- When purchasing a Print, the finish would be incorrectly labeled as Glossy by default, even though the default option is Lustre. Fixed by shadowhand
Sta.sh / Submit
- Uploading items were incorrectly labeled as "processing". Fixed by kouiskas
- When submitting a Journal to a Group and "My Journal", the Message Center notification would only show up for the Group. Fixed by kouiskas
- A "Deviations that are exclusively submitted to groups don't allow prints" alert would appear under certain conditions when publishing journals. Fixed by kouiskas
- The "You have selected" section of the category selector would appear as empty when nothing was selected, instead of being hidden. Fixed by kouiskas
- The download button on deviation pages briefly went missing. Fixed by helloandre and samshull
- Errors in the submission form no longer display as browser alerts and are now more user-friendly. Fixed by kouiskas
Giving on deviantART
You can give gifts (Prints, deviantARTGear, Premium Memberships, and Badges) to other deviants by going to their Profile and clicking on the "Give" menu in the top right of their page. Have you given a gift to a deviant? If so, how often do you do so? How do you feel about the process? Do you find it straightforward? What ways do you feel the process could be improved on?