In our continuous effort to improve the deviantART experience, we're publishing weekly Site Updates to keep members informed and to gather feedback. Below is a list of recent changes to the site, bug fixes, and feedback that was brought up by members in the last Site Update.
More Like This (Beta)
DeviantART is proud to announce More Like This - a new way to explore deviantART. When you find a piece of artwork that you love, More Like This surfaces related artwork, artists, and Collections. With More Like This and our other new browse upgrades, deep-diving through the deviantART community's diverse collection of over 200 million deviations just got better.
We've improved the left-hand navigation bar to include Popular and Newest options! For deviants who like their art to be larger than life, the new Full View mode allows deviations to be browsed through at a larger scale. Full View mode also provides the ability to favourite, collect, view comments, and participate in the discussion right from the browse page.
In addition, our new Show More button allows you to scroll endlessly while browsing More Like This results. For those that prefer the original pagination interface, we've added a Page Settings option to toggle between both modes. Your setting will be preserved as you browse.
Selection Tools in deviantART muro
In addition to some behind the scenes changes made to make deviantART muro to make it more stable, we've added several new selection tools!
- Elliptical selection options and a magic wand tool have been added to the marquee tool. Once the marquee menu button has been selected, the new options will appear in the bottom bar.
- Deviants can now create a selection based on the transparency of a layer by command/ctrl+clicking on that layer.
- Autosave will trigger more frequently, to ensure that your hard work is retained.
- Some behind the scenes changes were made to make deviantART muro more stable.
- In addition to the options added to the marquee menu, "select by color", "expand selection", and "contract selection" tools have been added to the Edit menu.
To give the new deviantART muro tools a try, go to deviantART muro!
Blockquote Tool in Sta.sh Writer
You can now easily add quotes to your literature and Journals using the brand new blockquote button on the Sta.sh Writer toolbar!
- If one deviant's Collection was added to a different deviant's Collection, it could not be removed from the Collection it was added to. Fixed by shahyarg
- It was not possible for Group admins to change some invitation settings from the defaults. Fixed by randomduck
- Removing a deviation from a Gallery folder would hide the links beneath the thumbnail until the page was refreshed. Fixed by shahyarg
- Film deviations were not allowed in Scraps. Fixed by shahyarg
- On the Notes page, the select dropdown was showing in the wrong place. Fixed by shadowhand
- On deviation pages, the link that showed which deviants favourited the deviation sometimes did not work. Fixed by shahyarg
- The "Show All Groups" link on deviations was not working under certain circumstances. Fixed by shahyarg
- "Failed to process transaction" errors occurred when withdrawing earnings as deviantART Points or via PayPal, followed by a temporary disabling of PayPal withdrawals. Fixed by yury-n
- The PDF viewer would vanish if any of the header menus were hovered over. Fixed by shadowhand
- The shopping bag icon and "Buy this Print" text in the new Prints menu on deviation pages were not clickable. Fixed by shadowhand
- During Redraw playback, there were cases where the speed slider would display as slow, but the video was actually playing at fast speed. Fixed by mudimba
- In comment drawings, deviantART muro could infrequently get stuck on the eraser tool and prevent drawing. Fixed by mudimba
- Several cosmetic layout issues existed that would be visible when buying new brush packs. Fixed by mudimba
- Sometimes a new layer could be created, even when interaction should have been disabled by a modal window. Fixed by mudimba
- Stacks shared with other deviants wouldn't display file descriptions. Fixed by drommk
- While renaming a stack, clicking on the title of another one to rename it would cause an error. Fixed by kouiskas
- Editing Journals submitted to the Journal Portal would send new notifications to the Message Center, even when the "This is a minor edit" option was selected. Fixed by drommk
- Literature thumbnails wouldn't stop scrolling when they reached the end of the excerpt. Fixed by kemayo
- It was possible to break elements out of journal entries with advanced CSS. Fixed by kemayo
- Several behind the scenes improvements were made to the way Sta.sh Writer handles typing and loading drafts. Fixed by kemayo and inazar
Thank you for the feedback left on last week's update! Here's some of the feedback you left for us:
- Many users made suggestions for improvements to the mobile site that they'd like to see implemented.
- The most common suggestion we received regarding the new mobile site was for an easy way to submit art from mobile devices.
- Deviants would like to add thumbnails to their comments. Suggested by Magical525
- Some members would like to be able to apply the same keywords and descriptions to multiple files at once. Suggested by frisbii
How do you feel about the new browse enhancements? Do you prefer endless scrolling or the traditional page browsing, or do you swap between both? Which thumb view do you prefer to use: wall of thumbs, grid of thumbs, or full view?