In our continuous effort to improve the deviantART experience, we're publishing weekly Site Updates to keep members informed and to gather feedback. Below is a list of recent changes to the site, bug fixes, and feedback that was brought up by members in the last Site Update.
More Like This Updates
Last week, More Like This was launched to Premium Members, with a limited preview open to all deviants. This week, we're pleased to inform you that the limited preview open to all members has been expanded beyond just Popular deviations, allowing you to try More Like This on even more deviations.
We've also been working on some changes to the Browse enhancements that were made last week. We are currently fixing a bug that is affecting some users which causes the browser to jump to the top of the page when "Show More" was clicked. In addition, several users mentioned that the menu for switching between endless scrolling and page browsing was difficult to find, and as such we are in the process of making that more visible.
The More Like This team would specifically like to thank you for the feedback that we've been receiving. Your comments are helping to make More Like This an even better feature, and it is greatly appreciated!
- Prepared a header change for Spirit Day. Added by starvingartist and KnightAR
- You can now use the CSS3 function linear-gradient in the background and background-image rules of your custom Journal Skin! Added by kemayo
- The Twitter widget on a deviant's profile would fail to load tweets for that deviant. Fixed by kemayo
- The Send Invitation modal layout for Groups was messy when errors displayed. Fixed by shahyarg
- The "Watch Redraw" button on deviations made with deviantART muro did not match the width of other buttons. Fixed by shadowhand
- If a deviant was given a Premium Membership by another user, the message in their Message Center would be blank. Fixed by KnightAR
- Links on plain-text versions of verification and lost password emails were not working properly. Fixed by KnightAR
- The Notes page would display strangely after sending a note. Fixed by shahyarg
- Changing item quantity in the Shop cart would cause a reordering. Fixed by randomduck
- Members were unable to drag and drop Notes into folders. Fixed by shadowhand
- Wide deviations did not show the entire image when scrolled to the right, and then reduced from full view. Fixed by shahyarg
- Users with expired Premium Memberships were unable to see a preview of some Premium Member profile widgets. Fixed by randomduck
- The preview arrow on Notes would erroneously open the whole note instead of showing a preview. Fixed by shadowhand
- The preview images of some newly submitted deviations were not loading. All files have since been restored. Fixed by shahyarg
- The "Close" button for the Buy This Print widget on deviation pages would occasionally not work. Fixed by shadowhand
- Many small improvements were made to the mobile site, such as properly scaled modals, message alignment in the Message Center, and thumbnail display. Fixed by shadowhand and aMoniker
- When semi-transparent layers were merged, the resulting layer would have incorrect opacity. Reported by daPatches and fixed by mudimba
- An error could occur when attempting to give another deviant a brush pack from their Profile. Fixed by mudimba
- In Firefox, all of the tool buttons could end up with the paintbrush graphic instead of their actual graphic. Reported by Krissi001 and fixed by mudimba
- The icon that would appear when viewing someone else's stack was the viewer's, not the author's. Fixed by kouiskas
- For a short period, stacks would display with a green background instead of the usual white. Fixed by shadowhand
- The icons of embedded Journal thumbnails were offset. Fixed by kemayo
- Performance improvements have been made for when Writer is initially loaded. Fixed by kemayo
- Removed excessive spacing before titles on unskinned Journals. Fixed by kemayo
- The Google Webfonts list has been updated. Fixed by kemayo
- Linear gradients are now allowed in background and background-image, for Journal Skins. Fixed by kemayo
- The alignment for icons on the toolbar was off. Fixed by inazar
Thank you for the feedback left on last week's update! Here's some of what you had to say.
- Feedback regarding what settings deviants prefer to use when browsing varied greatly. Several deviants mentioned that the method they use depends on whether they are browsing just to see what they find or if they are searching for something specific.
- Many members liked the suggestion regarding allowing thumbnails in comments, though some members suggested that artists should be able to decide whether or not they want to allow thumbnails in comments on their deviations, if such a tool were implemented.
- Some deviants would like a line tool in deviantART muro. Suggested by missingkitsune
- Members would like to have the option to receive email alerts when they receive Notes. Suggested by Fantasical
- When browsing using Endless Scrolling, some deviants would like a "scroll to top" button to be present at all times. Suggested by rice-chex
There are several menus that can be accessed from the top of any page on deviantART, which give you access to a wide variety of what deviantART has to offer. What changes to the menus or the items that are offered under each menu would make your browsing experience easier?