New Beta Tester Features: Site Navigation, Activity Feeds & Status Updates
Three major changes to the way the deviantART works have just been launched to some of our Beta Testers! We’re pleased to announce the beta release of a redesigned site navigation and two entirely new features — Activity Feeds and Status Updates — bringing exciting new options to deviantART’s browsing and sharing experience.
Read more »
Watchable Collections are Coming
As part of the new Activity Feed feature that's been released to our Beta Testers, Collections can now be watched, and will display on the Activity Feed when deviations are added to them. Watching deviants' Favourites has been a long-requested feature, and we're happy to offer a new way to discover art!
If you’d prefer not to have a Collection displayed in other deviants' Activity Feeds, simply visit that Collection, click the "Collection Options" button in the top right, and select the "Disable watching" checkbox (unwatchable Collections are still displayed on your Favourites page).
Over the past weekend, some users' access to the site was inconsistent. Our team of developers were aware and working on this situation as it was ongoing, and we apologize for any inconvenience during the outages.
Please keep an eye on our Status Forum for updates about happenings like these. Our Help Desk team posts regularly about outstanding issues, so you can easily see if an issue you're encountering is one that we're already aware of. Thank you!
- When adding or editing tags, the input box would not always recognize keyboard controls. It now recognizes these controls, and will also react to highlighting text via mouse click, making everything selected editable. Fixed by szlosek
- The autocomplete menu for tags on the Submit page would sometimes stall on "Searching...". Fixed by kemayo
- Literature deviations created more than a year ago and edited with a new version could still contain an older draft of the work instead of the current version, when selecting "Download". Fixed by trezoid
Thank you for the feedback on last week's Site Update! Here's some of the commentary you left for us:
- In response to the Discuss topic, generally deviants mentioned that they don't comment on Collections made by other deviants.
- Deviants who have commented on Collections said it was usually to thank the person for adding their art to their Collection, moreso than to comment about the Collection itself.
- Deviants liked the suggestion that the tag input field could have a "Recently Used Tags" menu.
Find a good Collection made by another deviant that you like and share it with us! What in particular caught your eye about that Collection?
(Mystery. Moon goddess by Vasylina, found in neurotype's Collection digital)
Have a suggestion, idea, or feedback? Leave a comment here!
Check out a list of common suggestions!
Want to keep track of known issues? Check out our Status Forum!
Find a bug? Report it to the Help Desk! (Be as detailed as possible!)