During the past month, we've been testing a number of changes to deviation pages. As the tests were ongoing, we monitored performance and community feedback, allowing us to make adjustments and improvements along the way. Thanks to such feedback, we've further improved the deviation page and have just released the latest updates sitewide.
- More From This Artist has been made more prominent! Thumbnails in the More From This Artist section have been made larger and are now based on an advanced algorithm that will surface work that is more relevant to the art currently being viewed, helping to bring more attention to you and your art.
- More from deviantART results (formerly titled More Like This) appear beneath More From This Artist.
- The right sidebar of the deviation page has been visually uplifted, with each section of the sidebar being given a clearer heading and given a cleaner overall appearance. In addition, the background color of the sidebar has been changed to help distinguish between the main section of the page and the sidebar.
- The Edit and Delete buttons have been moved near the top of the sidebar, appearing just beneath the Share Buttons for easy access when modifying your deviations.
- All buttons in the sidebar have been given an updated styling, making them easier to find than before.
We are going to continue evaluating the performance of the deviation page, with the long term goal of increasing traffic to you and your art. This change was made to launch the aspects of the new deviation page that performed well, but it is one step in a much larger process toward creating a better performing deviation page.
While we continue to monitor how these changes perform, we will also further think through the areas of the deviation page design that were tested and performed poorly, with the intent of better implementing changes to benefit your work. In the meanwhile, your continued usage and feedback will help us to create a better deviantART.