In our continuous effort to improve the deviantART experience, we're publishing weekly Site Updates to keep members informed and to gather feedback. Below is a list of recent changes to the site, bug fixes, and feedback that was brought up by members in the last Site Update.
Sales Statistics on the Earnings Page (Beta Testers)
- 403 and 404 Error pages now include deviantART's header and footer, for easier navigation. Added by helloandre
- When in Firefox, resizing the browser window while viewing a Journal containing custom widgets could sometimes lead to layout issues. Fixed by $muteor
- The "Next" button for comments on one's Profile Page briefly did not work. Fixed by $shadowhand
- Some links to the Prints Shop did not direct properly. Fixed by $helloandre
- There was a layout issue with the "update your email" notification. Fixed by $muteor
- Users banned from purchasing could still request a commission. Fixed by $yury-n
- Some Permissions Exceptions for groups didn't work properly. Fixed by $DEVlANT
- Various updates were made to the Sta.sh API. Some API documentation was updated as well. Fixed by $muteor and $adahacker
- On some pages, usernames were not capitalized properly. Fixed by $shadowhand
- Images in one's Portfolio had unnecessary drop shadows. Fixed by $fartprincess
- The "Sign Up" modal had some text alignment and layout issues. Fixed by $iconocrash
Sta.sh / Submit
- Selecting multiple Sta.sh files using shift and the arrow keys was not working properly. Fixed by drommk
- The "broken image" icon would appear in some browsers when an image was simply not ready for display yet. Fixed by $kouiskas
- The selection rectangle would get darker every time one would navigate inside and outside of a stack. Fixed by $kouiskas
- Using command+click (ctrl+click for Windows) to select an item would not visually recognize an item was selected until moving the mouse away from it. Fixed by $kouiskas
- The Add Media tools will no longer attempt to load for incompatible browsers. Fixed by $kemayo
- For a short period, it was possible to embed YouTube videos in comments. Fixed by $kemayo
- It was possible to embed full-size images outside of Sta.sh. Fixed by $kemayo
- Comment previews were not accurately reflecting what formatting was allowed and what formatting was not allowed. Fixed by $kemayo
- Using the HTML attribute iframe in Sta.sh Writer would result in content not being saved. Iframe attributes have since been removed. Fixed by $kemayo
- The Add Media tool did not work properly in the Admin Area of Groups. Fixed by $kemayo
- Emoticons in the Sta.sh Writer sidebar were not respecting Mature Content settings. Fixed by $inazar
- Feedback regarding the new method of commenting was mixed. Some deviants were happy with the ability to include images in comments, while others voiced concerns regarding spam.
- In response to the Discuss topic, deviants mentioned that they liked being able to access more emoticons. Some deviants suggested that they would like an easier method of looking up user icons, in order to use icons not submitted as emoticons.
- Deviants also suggested a way to mark some emoticons as favorites in Sta.sh Writer's sidebar, so that regularly used emoticons can be found easily.
- Some deviants would like a way to move deviations to or from Sta.sh. Suggested by WinxFandom